What is the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification?
This fully accredited APM PFQ online course follows the syllabus and requirements of the Association for Project Management Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ). It is designed to clarify and explain the basic aspects of projects and project management. It will provide understanding of key project terminology in order for participants to gain confidence in a project environment. It will also provide a solid basis of knowledge to consolidate existing project team members’ understanding as well as provide an excellent first perspective to those new to the project environment.
This APM PFQ online course will help individuals recognise the key aspects of a project and the importance of their role within it. The objectives will be supported and extended by engaging the delegates with an appropriate case study, providing the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the tools and techniques through use and experience.
Who is it for?
This APM PFQ online course is designed for those new to working in projects, or non-project staff who wish to gain a basic understanding of the project environment and project management terminology.
- Project team members who are new to the project environment.
- Staff who are required to interact with the project team but may not be directly involved in project activity.
- People who are considering a move into the project environment.
- Project managers with an interest in being exposed to the terminology associated with best practice as defined by the APM.
- Project team members interested in progressing with recognised project management qualifications.
What are the benefits?
There are so many benefits to both individuals and organisations of project management training and learning. As an organisation that is involved in projects having all staff in the project environment using and understanding standardised terminology can rapidly increase efficiency and morale. When project staff understand communications clearly, it means that they can feel valued and part of the knowledge group. Without this understanding, team members can feel isolated, under-valued and as if they don’t really matter. Having to constantly ask the “what does that mean” question when referring to technical terminology can be demeaning.
By putting your project staff, or yourself, on this APM Project Fundamentals Qualification online course (APM PFQ online course) can help with all of these issues.
When your project staff are more engaged, when they feel more valued and invested in, when they can see the opportunity for progression an organisations staff retention rates can rapidly increase. Projects can be delivered more effectively and cleanly.
Appropriate Project Management training for project staff.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Understand project management and the operating environment
- Discuss the project lifecycle
- Perceive the management structure by which projects operate
- Perform project management planning
- Utilise project scope management
- Produce a schedule and use resource management techniques
- Identify and manage risks and issues
- Understand project quality management
- Improve communication in the project environment
- Understand principals of leadership and teamwork.
Project Management and the operating environment
- Describe what is meant by the terms project, programme, portfolio and business-as-usual.
- Define project management and its purpose, benefits and relationship to business as usual.
- Define the project life cycle, the phases and the reasons for using a project life cycle.
- Recognise the various roles involved in projects, including Project Manager, Sponsor, Steering Group/Board, Team Members, PMO and End User.
- List the elements required to determine the factors involved when defining a project’s context/environment, including the use of the PESTLE tool.
Project Management Planning and Project Success
- The purpose, use, ownership and benefits of the Business Case and Project Management Plan.
- Recognise what success looks like on a project and what benefits are.
- Project Success Criteria, Factors and the use of KPIs.
- Identifying and managing project stakeholders.
- Outline the main estimating techniques.
- Recognise the use of the estimating funnel
- Understand different methods of reporting and the reasons for using each.
- Define quality and quality management in a project environment
- Describe the 4 key elements in quality management
- Understand the significance and need for the different types of project reviews
- Define scope and scope management
- Identify the four main breakdown structures related to scope management
Change and Configuration
- Definition of ‘change’ and ‘configuration’
- List the sources of change on projects
- Discuss the stages of a change control process
- Understand configuration management process
Risk and Issues
- Define risk and risk management and outline the risk management process.
- Explain the stages of the risk management process including the use of the risk register.
- Recognise the difference between risks and issues in a project environment.
- Understand the use of an issue log and escalation process.
Scheduling and Resource management
- Define the use of scheduling in projects including how to perform network analysis and the key concepts and terminology used in scheduling.
- Recognise the resources required to carry out projects and understand resource management techniques.
- Identify how procurement is used when acquiring resources for projects.
Communication, Information management
- Describe the typical barriers to good communication and consider how to make communication more effective.
- Understand the importance and use of a Communication Plan
- Identify the stages of an Information Management System
Teamwork and Leadership
- Define leadership and the role of a team leader
- Understand project teams and prominent teamwork models.
Showing all 2 results
APM PFQ online course PLUS online exam
Study for the APM PFQ online and then book a slot for your online exam. You will need a working webcam. Upon passing the exam, you will be awarded the APM PFQ by the APM.
The price listed here is excluding VAT and includes the APM’s exam fee. This option includes the 20|20 Guaranteed Pass where as long as you have completed the online learning and exam, but don’t quite manage to pass the exam, we will put you through the exam with no further charge.
APM PFQ online course WITHOUT online exam
Study for the APM PFQ online. This option does not include an exam.
The price listed here is excluding VAT.